Saturday, December 22, 2012

Prayer to Overcome Fear

Fear has to do with punishment, loss, damage, pain, sickness, illness, and darkness. In God, Who is perfect love, there is no fear. Fear cannot coexist with unconditional love, for one repels the other. If we allow our minds to be fearful, it’s like saying to the universe that we believe that something or someone has power to harm us and that God does not desire or have the ability to protect us. Do you think evil is greater than God, or that He wants to punish or rob you, or cause you pain or loss? Ego is full of fear. Thankfully, God is greater than our ego!

Bliss in Divine Oneness is an audio book set to background music that you can download at no cost when you join my mailing list. Simply click the Contact/Follow tab on my blog: http://weareoneinspirit.blogspot.com to access the sign up page. In that audio book, there is an affirming prayer with these words:
Only that which is of God can affect me. The peace that passes my ego’s understanding cannot be shaken by errors of any kind. Peace denies the ability of anything not of God to affect me. All my thoughts have equal power. The denial of erroneous thoughts frees my mind and allows truth to guide my every thought. As a man thinks, so is he. Where my heart is, there is my treasure. My treasure is truth. My mind is filled with truth, not human perception. Not judgment or condemnation. Not separation or sin, for there are no such things in the Christ. The at-one-ment is my defense and protection. I receive this miracle now. I am healed of wrong thinking. God is greater than my fear. God is love, and love is greater than any lie I have ever believed. So be it!

I also love Psalm 91. I quoted it over and over when I was going through a dark night of the soul in the 1990s. I'll post it here so it may comfort you now.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Learn more about the ascension process in Shifting into Purer Consciousness ~ Integrating Spiritual Transformation with the Human Experience. Yvonne Perry is available as a spiritual coach. See http://weare1inspirit.com/coaching.htm for information about a free 10-minute evaluation to see if coaching is right for you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One good weapon against fear is to pray. I remember when the country is facing certain calamities, the church is encouraging everyone to attend the community prayer to stop from being afraid and ask God to provide solution for the problems. Praying with other people is very effective. As what Jesus has said that in every two or more people praying together in His name, He will be there with them. - how to overcome fear