Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tip for Ascension: Singing Tibetan Bowls

For many years, I admired those metal bowls that “sing” by simultaneously producing two audible harmonic overtones when the rim or sides are tapped or rubbed with a mallet. I got my first bowl for my birthday last year and enjoy using it during my meditation, chanting, and prayer sessions. I also enjoy listening to CDs of singing bowls.

According to Joseph Feinstein, singing bowls were traditionally used in Asia. Making sound with bronze bowls may date back 3,000 or more years to the Bronze Age. Even though they are often referred to as Tibetan singing bowls, there are none found in the Himalayan region. Today, they are made in Nepal, India, Japan, China, and Korea.

Learn more about the ascension process in Shifting into Purer Consciousness ~ Integrating Spiritual Transformation with the Human Experience. Yvonne Perry is available as a spiritual coach. See http://weare1inspirit.com/coaching.htm for information about a free 10-minute evaluation to see if coaching is right for you.

No comments: