Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Turning a Negative Experience into a Positive Life Lesson

Our attitude and how we think about something determines our experience of it. One person can have an experience and be devastated by it. Another person can have a similar experience and choose to see it as an opportunity from which they can learn. Scientists and physicists are now proving that everything is energy and that energy reacts in relationship to Human thought and expectation. Therefore, how we think about a situation determines our reality.

What does this mean in our daily lives? We choose how we want people to treat us by the behaviors we accept in others and by how we expect to be treated.

In our childhood, we set the stage and form our beliefs about how much abundance, intimacy, joy and pleasure we can expect in our lives. I grew up believing that if people knew who I really was, I wouldn’t be accepted. As a result, I spent many years trying to please people by attempting to be what I thought they expected. I had no idea who I really was.

Let’s chat. Think of an experience that you have seen as negative. Perhaps you did (or did not do) something because you allowed someone to influence or limit you. How can you now see that situation in a positive light? What life lesson did you learn? What experience did you gain that helped you stand stronger in your own power? Feel free to share that here now.

Yvonne Perry is the author of More Than Meets the Eye ~ True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife; Whose Stuff Is This? ~ Finding Freedom from the Thoughts Feelings and Energy of Those around You; and Shifting into Purer Consciousness ~ Integrating Spiritual Transformation with the Human Experience.

Learn more about the ascension process in Shifting into Purer Consciousness ~ Integrating Spiritual Transformation with the Human Experience. Yvonne Perry is available as a spiritual coach. See http://weare1inspirit.com/coaching.htm for information about a free 10-minute evaluation to see if coaching is right for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I went to court for a traffic accident, my car was hit by a another driver. I was shocked to hear her lie under oath about the events, trying to blame me for accident. She was found guilty but I'm so angry and upset about her actions that I'm having trouble seeing what I was to learn here. Perhaps letting go of negative things?

Unknown said...

Yes letting go of the negative thing is good, but you have the right to "feel what you feel" in regards to this incident. Once you've felt the anger and processed it, then you can forgive and let it go. Forgiving on the front end (prior to processing) many times keeps us from honoring our emotions. Stuffing our emotions means they come up later when a similar injustice occurs. Law of attraction also kicks in. Having repressed this energy, we draw another situation like it to ourselves in order to process the original emotional energy. After you have taken time to deal with your response to the incident, you can forgive and offer gratitude for the experience. This clears the energy.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Perry I find your words comforting and true I have dealt with negative occurrences my whole life but I continued to accept my life for what it is and what it would become and in doing so became I better person to others and myself. I hope to see you continue with your work and I hope it touches others deeply as it did to me.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I appreciate those words of encouragment.