Sunday, October 26, 2014

What is Peace?

By Deirdre Siobhán Murphy

I spent years in the deep and sacred heart schooling of love even in the face of people saying love is a cliché. Soul pain and lots of laughter and amazing human interaction and listening to inner guidance lead me through that school. The final exams included a soul death . . . a consciously accepted domino effect, a collapsing of templates triggered by a perceived shock experience with the theme of abandonment stamped all over it.

Now, more recently, I have been discovering that love is not the whole school but one course amongst many other ones. It is most definitely my major. I was learning about trust and courage, that go hand in hand and have been lead into the world of healing. The latest discovery has been something else . . . peace.

This is a difficult thing to write about. Between the church and the hippies, the new agers and the war mongers, peace is either something you rest in when you are dead, off away somewhere in Nirvana, a slogan that is cool to write all over things or a written treaty agreeing not to kill people and destroy their homes any more.

I don't know how I found peace and I wouldn't be able to tell others how to attain it. No idea. Was it the death process? All the layers of old self I have left behind me? Was it all those years of working to transform myself, trying so hard, that I stopped trying and started trusting? All I know is I know how to readjust inwardly and slip into a quietness like into a pool of water. A pool of night sky. I don't know how to describe it. It is nourishing and delicious and refreshing. And still.

It isn't always there; I can, at times, completely forget about it, but I know how to be in it when I want to, when I feel I need it. Maybe I am being shown what blissful peace feels like for a while, a kind of test drive of something I can't afford to have yet but will one day. Maybe it is something that disappears again and again, that one has to re-find periodically. I really have no idea.

But, here is the awesome part. Once I started to really enjoy peace on my own, I happened to join paths with a Dannie R. Rosenhagen, someone who has also been through a grief-triggered death process and found something he calls his ch'i. This is a man I love with all my being and with whom I can go on philosophical mind rambles. If people wanted to, I could list amazing soul experiences and beautiful stories we have had but nothing, nothing at all beats the times of being peace together . . . peacing? Is there no verb for it? Is there no way of describing it that doesn't sound corny?

You know, when you drop a pebble into water, how the rings ripple outward? That causes a disturbance in the stillness of the water. Well, there is a way of us being in an embrace, in which there is no more him and me, no more male and female, no edge between our bodies and what is around us, it all is together in a warm glow that flows gently outward and stills the disturbances around. Sometimes we hum and the sound is a texture of frequencies that raises fullness of the glow. Mostly we are doing absolutely nothing. Just being. In peace. I know if we didn't know how to be, and totally enjoyed being, in this stillness on our own, now as much as ever, we wouldn't be able to go there together. I am sure of that. So, I think there is something beyond being in love and in life and in trust with someone. It is being in peace. In bliss. Something between the two? If anyone knows of a better word for that I would love to know it.

“I can tell you that you may have found peace by being so often in your center, or I like to say your chi. As is the trunk of a tree its core or center, sometimes life's experiences take us so ‘far out on a limb’ that we get lost and cannot find the trunk, thus far from the place of peace inside you.” ~ Dan Rosenhagen

Learn more about the ascension process in Shifting into Purer Consciousness ~ Integrating Spiritual Transformation with the Human Experience. Yvonne Perry is available as a spiritual coach. See http://weare1inspirit.com/coaching.htm for information about a free 10-minute evaluation to see if coaching is right for you.

No comments: